The presence of mercury in the production and pipe lining of hydrocarbons is potentially harmful to our clients’ operations because it poses an inherent health risk to employees and is difficult to detect. Mercury adheres to certain metals and causes metal corrosion and embrittlement. Extreme care, caution, and coordination are required when dealing with mercury and mercury cleanup efforts.
From pre-planning, sampling, testing, remediation, disposal, reporting, and more — the knowledgeable and qualified staff at HydroChemPSC manage every phase of the process. Our goal is to have “no additional effect on the health and safety of your employees and no additional effect on the environment.”
Let HydroChemPSC tailor a plan to meet your specific mercury needs. As a trusted national leader in mercury decontamination services, we will ensure a safe and healthy work environment for your employees. Pre-planning involves mitigating to limit exposure.
The HydroChemPSC Advantage
- Development of safe work policies, practices, and procedures
- Employee training
- Monitoring the worksite – sampling
- Recommending the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Pathways to reducing cross contamination through containment
- Employee personal hygiene plans
- Decontamination if exposed
- Waste disposal